Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Three Favorite Blogs



Read the Kanji Blog
The first blog I've been recently frequenting is one that pertains to my interest in and goal of learning the Japanese language. Attached to a site that essentially acts as a series of virtual flashcards, the Read the Kanji blog contains exercises and instructional lessons to aid in reading and understanding the written Japanese language.It isn't updated frequently by any stretch of the imagination but there's still a large archive to draw from.


Dannychoo.com
Only a similar note, I usually stop by Dannychoo.com once a week for less academic pursuits. A blog created by Danny Choo, son of famous shoe designer Jimmy Choo, Dannychoo.com takes a more aesthetic approach to modern Japanese visual (sub)culture by providing "photo articles" on the mundanities and peculiarities of living and working in Japan as an entrepreneur. All the photos are hi-res and professionally done. There's also a strong community, though I don't participate in it.

The Blu-Ray Blog
The title of this one does a good job at summarizing its content: blu-ray movies. I usually stop by to browse for release information or read reviews. The DVD market still hasn't completely transitioned to Blu-ray, so seeing what titles have actually been designated for a release (or re-release) is quite helpful. There's also RSS and Facebook feeds, which keep the site relevant even when I'm not visiting it directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment